keybase.io/kaushikc | linkedin.com/in/kaychaks/
I am passionate about programming from its mathematical to its industrial aspects. My interests lies in Functional Programming, Knowledge Engineering, and Decentralized Web. I am a self-learning, research-focused, and hands-on programmer with experience in building sytems at both server and client level. I’ve worked in R&D organizations as well as handled large Enterprise Client Delivery projects. My idea of leadership is show-and-tell and less leadership more collaboration. I value open-source culture and try to contribute to open-source projects on the side.
Also: React, Vue, Svelte, Relay, Redux, Rust, Scala, PHP, Python, PureScript
Also: Nix, Terraform, Ansible, Circle CI, Docker Registry, Dhall
Modern Web Programming(GraphQL, Virtual DOM, Progressive Web, Web Assembly),
Functional Programming, Type Systems
Also: HTTP(1&2), Reactive Principles, Graphs, Formal Methods, Knowledge Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Extreme Programming based Agile
Experience [Cognizant Technology Solutions, 2006 - NOW]
Asscociate Director - Large E-Commerce Site Transformation [2021 - Present]
- Designed and spearheading a large frontend techonology transformation initiative for one of the largest e-commerce web application. The web application is being transitioned from legacy technologies of Backbone / Marrionette to modern Vue3 and SSR based frontend stack.
- The design is keeping in mind large number of existing vertical domains thereby implementation is being done in a pure domain-driven design model.
- Design is trying to enable some flavours of micro-frontends so that disparate teams could go live without having hard dependencies on other teams
- The overall design also entails creating a multi-theme design system from scratch (without relying on any external design frameworks)
Sr. Architect - Large Store Transformation [2019 - 2020]
- Designed the end-to-end flow of an Hybrid Mobile Web Application destined to provide one consolidated experience capturing features from more than 40 legacy applications
- Designed & implemented GraphQL based middleware providing sophisticated schema for an React/Relay based Hybrid Web Application and also having totally type-safe Typescript resolvers integrating with multiple micro-services based Enterprise backends
- Designed & implemented a Google Kubernetes Engine based cloud-native deployment pipeline that also interfaced with other Google Cloud services like Stackdriver & BigQuery for tracing and monitoring
- Implemented various proof-of-concepts to migrate one of the critical native store application from iOS to Android dealing with low level Secure Socket Programming & AES encrypted message passing via an adhoc wire protocol
- Implemented advanced techniques in Relay’s runtime and network manager to deal with better client performance with respect to lazy loading and automated remote logging/monitoring.
Sr. Architect - Global Technology Office - Applied Research Initiatives [2018 - 2019]
Collaborated with academia for research engagements which entailed doing extensive literature study (especially going through foundational research papers), evaluating relevant source code libraries/implementations, and coming up with novel approaches to become a research proposal.
Worked on a proposal for Model-based Resiliency Validation of Cloud-Native Distributed System to come up with a stochastic model which can then be plugged into a home-grown failure injection platform.
Implemented a Haskell based solution leveraging Hidden Markov Models based probabilistic inferencing algorithms
Involved in literature-study and proof-of-concepts of following other research proposals:
- Bringing dependent type theory to model and reason Description Logic-based Knowledge Representation and Reasoning systems
- Evaluating automatic Ontology generation approaches based on the foundations of Statistical Relational Learning
- Evaluating proposal on using Fluid Session Types for various use cases
Contributed to ScalaZ, an open source library in Scala for Typed Functional Programming
Architect - Global Technology Office - Solutions and Accelerators [2012-2018]
Worked on creating Knowledge Graph Models using Semantic Web Technologies (RDF & OWL) and other innovative techniques involving logic programming (Datalog & mini-Kanren), rules-engines, & other platforms (Stanford DeepDive) for various use-cases both internal and customer specific.
Used Scala and Spark to do data analysis on the complete Stack Overflow Q&A dataset and created various Skills Clusters using Graph Algorithms. Which then was leveraged for an home-grown Skills and Competencies Ontology & related tool to help Human Resources in talent supply chain.
Designed, setup, and maitained internal tools to improve developer productivity like source control repositories, CI/CD pipelines, docker registries for the overall company and deployed in a large Kubernetes cluster fully hosted in on-premise datacenters.
Designed & implemented a generic Gamification Platform with rich analytical and presentation views. The technologies used were PHP, Angular, and Mongo DB for the client application and Drools as the central rules-engine driving the backend. Involved in pre-sales & evangelisation of the same for multiple customers.
Contributed to HNix, an open source project for Haskell re-imlementation of the Nix expression language
Sr. Associate - Global Technology Office - Consulting [2011 - 2012]
Worked as lead consultant and developed features for the web dashboards of a large NY based Investment Bank’s R&D division. Used extensively ExtJS widgets & a web-components based design that integrated with multiple other 3rd party scripts while ensuring strict performance requriements from customer.
Associate [2006 - 2011]
Developed an enterprise mashup platform which worked similar to Yahoo Pipes but produced deployable mashups. Used Adobe Flex as one of the technologies to create the platoform.
Involved in a legacy modernisation project where one large restaurant chain were migrating from C++ based point-of-sale systems to .NET Framework. Migrated code from complex legacy C++ codebase to modern .Net v2 implementations as part of a Windows CE native application to run in highly resource constrain registers. Had to consider critically both space and time complexities.
B. Tech [Computer Science & Engineering], 2002 - 2006, Kalinga Institute of Technology and Science, Bhubaneshwar, India.